Monday, January 25, 2010

Updated Layout

I've normally spent most of my time designing on the computer. I actually use Adobe Illustrator. It's not the ideal railroad designing program, but I know it well from work, and I've put in the time to design brushes and object sets that I can use to design railroads.

However, this layout is small enough that I've started using a Sharpee to accurately sketch it out. And you know what I noticed -- Designing in real life is totally different than on the computer. Actually, there were two things I noticed:
  • It's a whole lot easier to get a sense of how close things are to each other when using a Sharpee pen as opposed to the computer
  • The dimensions in real life never lie. On the computer, sometimes it looks like something will fit nice, but when you see it IRL it doesn't.
So having said that, I quit designing on the computer, and finished designing the layout using a Sharpee. Ah, technology. After my design was complete I sketched it out.

I present, the LNI R&R Layout (click for full size image):

Lani's-Railroad-v3

No comments:

Post a Comment